China Introduces Transitional Arrangements Concerning the Change of Cosmetics Registration and Notification Information Management Platforms
The transitional arrangements mainly clarify matters related to the acceptance, review, and approval of cosmetic registration and notification during the transitional period between the previous and the new cosmetics registration and notification information management platforms.
Specifics are as follows:
- The new cosmetics registration and notification information management platform (“new platform”) officially put into service on May 1, 2021. Cosmetics registrants, notifiers, and domestic responsible persons can apply for special cosmetic registration and general cosmetic notification through the new platform.
- As of May 1, 2021, the original cosmetics administrative licensing and notification information management system (“original platform”) no longer accepts special cosmetics registration or general cosmetics notification.
● For special cosmetics whose registration applications have been submitted before that date, the technical review departments will continue to accept, review and approve the applications on the original platform in accordance with regulations.
● For general cosmetics whose notification dossiers have been submitted before that date, the notification management departments will continue to supervise and inspect the notification information on the original platform in accordance with regulations.
- If the notification management departments find that the notification dossiers on the original platform are non-compliant during the post-notification supervision and inspection, it shall be dealt with per article 65 of the Cosmetic Supervision and Administration Regulation. Where it is necessary to order corrections, the notifiers shall be ordered to make corrections before September 15, 2021. If the notifier fails to make corrections within the time limit or fails to meet the requirements after the rectification, the notification shall be canceled by the notification departments.
- For cosmetics companies that have obtained registration license or completed notification through the original platform, and are temporarily unable to submit relevant dossiers, such as the registrants and notifiers’ quality management system overview and adverse reaction monitoring and evaluation system overview, when applying for user permission on the new platform because that these systems are still in the process of perfection, the provincial medical products administrations may conditionally review and pass their user applications, open temporary user permissions, and allow them to carry out cosmetics registration and notification related work.
Cosmetic registrants, notifiers, and domestic responsible persons who have opened temporary user permissions on the new platform should supplement dossiers such as the quality management system overview, and adverse reaction monitoring and evaluation system overview before January 1, 2022. If they fail to supplement such dossiers within the time limit, their temporary user permissions will be automatically invalid on January 1, 2022. If relevant dossiers are completed in the future, they can still apply for opening the registration and notification user permissions.